- Customers place a request with us through our website - giving details like date, party size, meal type, cuisine preferences, special requirements, occasion, etc. They also set a budget for the gig
- We text the closest available chefs about the gig, and list the gig on our FIND WORK page
- You can read the full details of the gig on our site, including the zip code location so that you can take in to account travel time
- If you are interested in the gig, you click on the SUBMIT PROPOSAL button and enter a menu that you would prepare. Your proposal price must be all inclusive of ingredients, and your time to travel, cook, serve and clean up. Plus, remember the 15% booking fee we charge you off this price. See our tips section below for how to write up successful menu proposals.
- Customers review the chefs proposals they receive. If they have questions and changes, they will message you through the site. Phone contacts are only exchanged after booking
- You can edit your menu and pricing. Customers can edit their request date, party size and budget. In general, it takes customers and chefs a few message and proposal edits back and forth to arrive at an agreed menu proposal
- When the customer is ready to decide, they confirm the booking through our website and provide their credit card details for payment
- Once the booking is confirmed, contacts are shared, and you must call the customer to align on any last details
- On the day of the meal, Table at Home processes payment on your behalf. We authorize the payment several days beforehand so that you have confidence to go and buy ingredients, etc.
- You receive payment (minus our 15% booking fee) via venmo, 2-4 business days after the meal
Tips to get established on the platform
Tips for doing winning proposals
Tips to deliver a great meal experience in a customer’s home
Tips to build your business